#DME-21O00 | Medical Examiner Investigator - Operations

Position Details
Position Title: Medical Examiner Investigator
Application Status: OPEN
Job Type: FULL TIME
Salary: $57,200 (( Due to the tapering system, you will make $1,100 every 8 hours with the first check being $413 ))
Job Number: #DME-21O01

Position Information
Position Summary
The Operations Bureau of the Department of Medical Examiner is inviting applications for the position of Medical Examiner Investigator on a full-time basis. Successful candidates will undergo a probationary and training phase prior to achieving full salary and benefits.

Successful candidates will participate in a formal Medical Examiner's Investigative Academy under the administrative and technical lead of a Senior Medical Examiner Investigator. On completion of the training program, candidates will operate as an independent Medical Examiner Investigator.

Successful candidates will receive on the job training and instruction in the following areas:
  • Investigating deaths
  • Securing investigative information related to deaths,
  • Identification of decedents
  • Notification of legal next of kin;
  • Providing information to various agencies and securing information from governmental and private agencies
  • Mortuary and field investigations
  • Obtaining information from physicians and nurses and relating that information to the death investigation.
Incumbents must exercise a basic knowledge of medical and legal terminology, the department's operational policies and procedures, and investigative procedures and techniques and have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals in order to investigate the circumstances, manner, and cause of death and write reports of investigative findings. This class requires frequent lifting and moving of heavy equipment and decedents and occasionally demands extraordinary physical activity while working.

(( This is an entry-level posting for players of all medical/LEO skill-level. In short, you will respond to the scene of deaths, document your findings, conduct an investigation into the death and assist with decedent services. ))

Requirements/Minimum Qualifications
  1. Applicants are required to be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
  2. Applicants are required to possess a valid drivers license within the State of San Andreas.
  3. Applicants are required to maintain fluent communicative skills within the English language, both written and verbal.
  4. Applicants must have a clean criminal record for this vacancy.
  5. Applicants must have one of the following options:
    1. Field investigation experience with a law enforcement, other government or private agency.
    2. A Bachelors degree or Associate of the Arts degree in a relevant subject area.
    3. Currently licensed as, and experience working as an EMT, Paramedic, Nurse, or Physicians Associate.
  6. (( Applicants must not have a recent admin record on any character.))
  7. (( Applicants must be able to roleplay in a realistic manner and display proper character development.))
Selection Process
Stage 1 - Application Stage
You must fill out a student application form located in below and it will be forwarded to the Human Resources Division. Your application will then be reviewed and a decision will be made within twenty four (24) to forty eight (48) hours.

Stage 2 - Interview
Once you have passed the application stage you will then move forward onto our interview stage. During this stage, your competence and suitability will be assessed by the Chief Medical Examiner (Director).

Stage 3 - Review
Your full application and interview will be reviewed by the Executive Staff and Human Resources Division of the Department of Medical Examiner.

Stage 4 - Offer
If you are chosen for the position, you will receive an offer of employment from the Human Resources Division.

Stage 5 - Academy Training
You will attend an Academy that will teach you the skills needed to become a Certified Peace Officer/Medical Examiner Investigator. The training program is conducted at the San Andreas Criminal Justice Training Center. The Training Center operates Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The training program is 24 weeks in length, with 2 weeks of orientation or pre-academy, a total 26-week program.

(( At this current time, academies will not be held in game, instead applicants will gain access to the Policy Manual in which will help them with parts of the examination. You are expected to have role-played the full effects of being in the academy for the full 24/26 weeks. Further information regarding the examination will be given by Human Resources. ))

(( OUT OF CHARACTER NOTICE ))
We are no longer accepting those who wish to roleplay their character as a Doctor. This position is not for a doctor nor would a doctor apply for a position like this. It is an ENTRY level INVESTIGATIVE position within the agency. It is geared more towards an average civilian, firefighter or law enforcement officer. If you apply for this position as a Doctor, it will automatically be denied.

Re: #DME-21O00 | Medical Examiner Investigator

• (( APPLICATION ))
    To apply for this position, please fill out the below form and post it to this section.

Code: Select all

#DME-21O00 - Firstname Lastname

Code: Select all

[divbox=#444][img]https://i.imgur.com/bRRpbth.png[/img]
    [color=#fff][center][size=140][b]APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT[/b][/size]
    [size=95][b]REFERENCE [url=https://forum.lsgov.us/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=578][color=#eee][i]#DMEC-21O00 "Medical Examiner Investigator"[/i][/color][/url][/b][/size][/center][/color]

[/divbox]

[divbox=#fefefe]
    [list]
    [*] Replace all sections of this form marked "Answer" with your response.
    [*] To mark your answer on multiple choice/selection questions, simply change [-] to [X].
    [*] Some questions will ask you to link to other resources.
    [*] You will be required to sign a declaration in this form, the guidance for signature size is 130x50 pixels.
    [*] Some questions will ask for an answer "IF APPLICABLE", if not applicable, simply leave this section blank.
    [*] Section V is entirely voluntary and will not be disclosed to recruitment representatives or colleagues.
    [*] If you have trouble completing this form, please feel free to reach out to a recruitment representative.
    [/list]
    [/divbox]

[divbox=#fefefe][list=none]
    [size=120]I. PERSONAL INFORMATION[/size]
    [list=1]
    [*] [b]Title:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Full Name:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Date of Birth:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Home Address:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Contact Number:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Nationality:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Citizenship Status:[/b] 
    [list=none]
    [-] United States Citizen
    [-] Foreign National in the process of becoming a United States Citizen.
    [-] Foreign National with a Work Visa (Green Card)
    [-] Foreign National looking for Visa Sponsorship
    [/list]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]

[size=120]II. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE[/size]
    [list=1]
    [*][b]Please provide a list of your formal qualifications, the institution, and the year in which you achieved them. If appropriate, please provide a classification.[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Year - Institution - Qualification (Classification)
    [/list]
    [*][b]Please provide a list of your employment history, including the start and finish years of your employment. Include unpaid internships on this list.[/b]
    [list]
    [*]STARTYEAR to FINISHYEAR - Employer - Job Title
    [/list]
    [*][b]Which part of your employment and educational history will enable you to be an astute Deputy Medical Examiner?[/b]
    [list=none]LONG ANSWER HERE[/list]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]

[size=120]III. MOTIVATION[/size]
    [list=1]
    [*] [b]What interests you about the position as a Medical Examiner Investigator?[/b]
    [*] [b]Why did you leave your last employment/posting?[/b]
    [*] [b]Medical Examiner Investigators are often exposed to significant violence and death. How will you cope with the stress of the role?[/b]
    [*] [b]Why is documentation important when attending the scenes of deaths?[/b]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]

[size=120]IV. DECLARATION[/size]
    [list=none]Medical Examiner Investigators are certified peace officers which are placed in a position of extreme trust and reputation. This requires candidates to be in excellent legal, ethical, and moral standing. Please complete the below checkboxes and provide your signature on the line below to confirm you meet the requirements of each line.
    [list=none]
    [-] I confirm that I have not been removed from a position as a Peace Officer or Law Enforcement Officer. If not, please elaborate below.
    [-] I confirm that I do not hold any felony or misdemeanor convictions in any jurisdiction in the United States. If not, please elaborate below.
    [-] I confirm that the information submitted in this application form is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

[b]Elaboration:[/b]
    [list=none]LONG ANSWER HERE, IF REQUIRED[/list]
    [/list]

[img]SIGNATURE LINK HERE (130x50)[/img]
    [color=#fefefe]-[/color]
    [b]PRINT NAME HERE, DD/MM/YYYY[/b]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]

[size=120]V. EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING[/size]
    [list=none]The Department of Medical Examiner is an equal opportunities employer. Please help us to monitor our staff demographics by filling out the below form. As per federal law, these statuses cannot be used to discriminate your opportunity of employment and will not be shown to any recruitment staff.
    [/list]
    [list=1]
    [*] [b]Sex[/b]
    [list=none]
    [-] Male[-] Female[-] Prefer not to say
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Ethnicity[/b]
    [list=none]
    [-] White[-] Black or African-American[-] Asian[-] Native American[-] Hispanic
    [-] Prefer not to say[-] Other: SPECIFY
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Religion[/b]
    [list=none]
    [-] Christianity[-] Judaism[-] Muslim[-] Buddhism[-] No Religion
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Sexual Orientation[/b]
    [list=none]
    [-] Heterosexual[-] Bisexual[-] Homosexual Man[-] Homosexual Woman
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Disability Status[/b] [size=60](select all that apply)[/size]
    [list=none]
    [-] I consider myself to have a physical disability
    [-] I consider myself to have a mental or social disability
    [-] I do not consider myself to have a disability
    [-] Prefer not to say
    [-] Other: SPECIFY
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Veteran Status[/b]
    [list=none]
    [-] I am a United States veteran[-] I am a foreign veteran[-] I am not a veteran
    [/list]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]

[size=120](( VI. OUT-OF-CHARACTER INFORMATION ))[/size]
    [list=none]This section of the application should be considered strictly out-of-character. Thank you for taking the time to apply to the Department of Medical Examiner. There are just a few more questions to complete.[/list]
    [list=1]
    [*] [b]LS-RP Forum Account:[/b] [url=LINK]ACCOUNTNAME[/url]
    [*] [b]Age:[/b] Answer
    [*] [b]Please list your LS-RP:V characters with links to screenshots of your administrative record.[/b]
    [list]
    [*] CHARACTER_NAME - [url=IMAGELINK]Screenshot[/url]
    [*] CHARACTER_NAME - [url=IMAGELINK]Screenshot[/url]
    [/list]
    [*] [b]Please list your previous faction positions (if applicable).[/b]
    [list]
    [*] Faction - Position - Character - YEAR to YEAR
    [*] Faction - Position - Character - YEAR to YEAR
    [/list]
    [*][b]Deputy Medical Examiner roleplay can be technical for the layperson. Although not necessarily essential, what real world experience will enable you to fulfil this role?[/b]
    [list=none]LONG ANSWER HERE, IF APPLICABLE[/list]
    [/list]
    [/list][/divbox]